Deadly Weapon Coverage
One of the most difficult threats to defend against is an individual’s intent on inflicting harm on others. The Deadly Weapon Insurance Program helps your client before, during, and after such an attack.
SMIC has the expertise in helping the educational sector manage the liability your clients may face as the result of an active shooter situation at their institution. We created the Active Shooter Insurance Program to specifically assist educational institutions during these events and provide primary liability coverage for lawsuits arising as a result of harm caused by such attacks.
- Flexibility to set policy limits for each specific client
- Written on a claims-made basis
- Available as a standalone product or in conjunction with other accident and liability products offered to educational institutions
- Risk assessment of insured locations
- 24-hour crisis management service to help school personnel respond immediately, including securing the premises, putting a recovery plan in place, and arranging emergency communications
- Sub-limit for crisis management services
- Sub-limit for counseling services provided after the event
- Access to Firestorm, a crisis management and emergency response company
The Active Shooter Insurance Program provides insured schools with a comprehensive package, addressing their needs and giving administrators the peace of mind they need to focus on the development and education of children. SMIC relieves the worry of the financial impact or emotional trauma that comes with the critical situations facing us today.
Call 1-800-727-7642 today for more information or a quote.
Note - information provided above is intended to be a brief description of coverage, inclusions, exclusions, and conditions. A complete sample policy is available upon request.